34.231.21.105
dgid:
enl:
npi:0
Sarcoma

Anlotinib therapy for advanced sarcomas has more acceptable side than some alternatives

Posted on

Anlotinib monotherapy or used in combination may be more effective in certain advanced cancer and have more acceptable side effects, according to a study.

In this retrospective analysis, 22 patients with advanced sarcomas with measurable target lesions who had taken anlotinib regularly for >12 months were included.

Primary diseases included alveolar soft part sarcoma, synovial sarcoma, leiomyosarcoma, and others, with metastasis sites in the lungs in 15 cases, lymph nodes in 4 cases, and multiple sites in 3 cases. Chemotherapy had been administered previously in 14 patients.

The current therapy protocol was oral anlotinib alone for 9 cases, combination chemotherapy for 9 cases, and combination immunotherapy (anti-PD-1) for 4 cases.

The highest clinical efficacy was complete remission (CR) in 18.18% of cases (n = 4), partial response (PR) in 22.73% of cases (n = 5), and stable disease in 59.09% of cases (n = 13), with an odds ratio of response of 40.91%.

The mean PFS for the CR group was 16.50 months, 14.50 months for PR group, and 29.31 months in the stable disease group.

Hand-foot syndrome, hypertension, and leukopenia were the main adverse effects noted.

Reference

Yao W, Du X, Wang J, et al. Long-Term Efficacy and Safety of Anlotinib as a Monotherapy and Combined Therapy for Advanced Sarcoma. Onco Targets Ther. 2022 Jun 14;15:669-679. doi: 10.2147/OTT.S365506. PMID: 35726279; PMCID: PMC9206457.

-Advertisement-
-Advertisement-
-Advertisement-
-Advertisement-
-Advertisement-
-Advertisement-