Mayo Clinic named best hospital in United States
Mayo Clinic was named the best hospital in United States, according to U.S. News & World Report, which released the 2020-21 Best Hospitals rankings.
Rounding out the top 3 are Cleveland Clinic followed by Johns Hopkins Hospital. Keep reading to see top 10 and specialty rankings.
1. Mayo Clinic, Rochester, Minnesota
2. Cleveland Clinic
3. Johns Hopkins Hospital, Baltimore
4. New York-Presbyterian Hospital-Columbia and Cornell, New York, NY (tie)
4. UCLA Medical Center, Los Angeles (tie)
6. Massachusetts General Hospital, Boston
7. Cedars-Sinai Medical Center, Los Angeles
8. UCSF Medical Center, San Francisco
9. NYU Langone Hospitals, New York, NY
10. Northwestern Memorial Hospital, Chicago
11. University of Michigan Hospitals-Michigan Medicine, Ann Arbor
In addition to the hospital rankings, U.S. News & World Report also profiled more than 65 frontline workers in a new U.S. News Hospital Heroes series.
“The pandemic has altered, perhaps permanently, how patients get care and from whom they get it. Amid the disruption, we are steadfastly committed to providing the public with authoritative data for comparing hospital quality,” said Ben Harder, managing editor and chief of health analysis at U.S. News in a statement. “No hospital’s clinical team came through this unprecedented health crisis unscathed. Our Hospital Heroes series is a tribute to recognizing individuals at urban and rural hospitals in communities across the country who have gone above and beyond during this unparalleled time in history.”
The full list can be found here.